Pages

Wednesday 9 October 2013

My morning skincare routine

I'm always on the hunt for perfect skincare products to control my oily skin, but I'm pretty happy with my morning skincare routine at the moment. I absolutely love Clinique products, I've been using them for two years and find that if I switch things around too much I'll break out or my skin just generally won't be as good.

1. I start by using the Simple Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser, which I've been using for years. Simple discontinued this a while back and I was devastated but luckily they brought it back! This is a really inexpensive, effective product. I much prefer foaming cleansers to heavy cream based products, especially in the morning. It refreshes my skin and leaves it glowing, and it also really gentle which is great as my skin is often quite sensitive, especially to products with a lot of harsh chemicals in them. It doesn't dry out my skin at all, and it's a great product for removing any traces of make up.

2. I then use Clinique's Clarifying Lotion 3 to tone my skin and tighten my pores. It's also an exfoliant, which is really effective when used with Boots' Cotton Wool Double Faced Pads. I use the more abrasive side to apply the clarifying lotion because I really like exfoliating my skin and need to a lot to keep blackheads at bay. Normally I use Clarifying Lotion 4 which is designed for 'very oily' skin, but when I went to pick it up at Boots they only had the oily skin version so I thought I'd give it a try. I don't think it works as well as the toner designed for very oily skin, but it still does the job.

3. I finish my morning skincare routine with Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which is my all time favourite moisturiser for in the morning when I don't want to overload my skin with too many heavy products. The texture is so light and it makes my skin amazingly smooth. I've been using this moisturiser for nearly two years and would always repurchase it as it really sorted out my skin and helps mattify and keep my face oil free throughout the day, while adding a healthy glow!

6 comments:

  1. I love foaming cleansers too! I enjoy using Superdrug's own brand tea tree foaming cleanser, I really enjoy reading these kind of posts! x

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use that and actually forgot about it! It was really good, I'll definitely have to pick one up soon :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi, I found your blog via All Things Glitter and Beauty and wanted to stop by and say hi! You have a great blog.

    I used to be a big Clinique skincare user, but stopped using it a few years ago. I've recently started trying some of their products again.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, thank you! :) Yeah I love clinique, can't wait to try more of their products x

      Delete
  3. I use clean & clear foaming cleanser, it works fine! :) nice blog.

    xx,
    littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I've not tried that, I'll have to have a look :) xx

      Delete