Pages

Thursday 10 October 2013

lush: bubblegum lip scrub review

I bought this lip scrub last December from Lush for £5.50, which many people have expressed is a lot to spend on an item which is essentially just sugar, and I fell in love with it instantly... 

I did think it was a little overpriced, but after using it for the first time I could completely justify it. Firstly, it smells like my all time favourite Lush product, Snow Fairy, which smells just like Christmas to me, and I stock up on their limited edition shower gel every year. Gorgeous scent aside, this product really does work! It made my lips feel amazingly soft after just one use and keeps them in tiptop condition if used regularly. I use this every night before bed before applying a layer of Vaseline and always wake up with the softest lips! It's one of my favourite products to use in Autumn and Winter when the cold weather really dries out my lips, and the best part is, after scrubbing your lips with this you can simply lick it off, and it tastes as good as it smells!

Have you used this product? What did you think?

8 comments:

  1. I've never bought anything from Lush as I'm nearly always allergic to bath bombs and the like, but I've always heard really good things about sugar scrubs and it's really tempting to buy one as my lips get quite dry and chapped in the colder months! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I sometimes have reactions to their bath bombs too! You should definitely try it, it's a godsend :) xxx

      Delete
    2. I tried a bath bomb when I was little and it was horrendous so I don't risk it anymore! I just think it's heavily scented bath products that do it for me...
      I'll save my money and buy it next time I'm on a shopping spree! xxx

      Delete
  2. This is my favourite out of the lip scrubs and I'm soooooo gutted because the jar BROKE last night - a very sad day indeed. Good thing I got the Santa lipscrub delivered today :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! The jar is a bit impractical, I'm always worried about it smashing in my bag! Oooh I've not seen that, will definitely have to check it out :) xx

      Delete
  3. The first time i entered a Lush shop i simply had to buy this. It works great and smells/tastes even better!! Another product that works magic on my dry skin is the Oatfix mask. Recommended ;)

    Barbs
    http://300daysofengland.blogspot.co.uk

    ps: "living up north" means around newcastle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it! Need to pop into Lush this week and check out the Oatfix mask! :) I live in the Middlesbrough area which is about 45 minutes from Newcastle! Do you live in Newcastle? :) x

      Delete
    2. i studied in Durham ^^ i had to watch every episode of Geordie Shore before moving there tho, just to be sure i could understand ppl in ncl XD

      Delete