Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

AW12


I don't think I've ever been more excited about the colder months creeping up on us. When I was younger, Summer was my favourite time of year...six weeks off school...ice cream...and warm(ish) weather, what was there to like about Winter? Colds, darkness at half 7 at night, and dry skin - no thanks!
When I was very little and lived in the Lake District, my lovely -if not a little eccentric- mother would take me for long walks and we'd skip through the crunchy autumnal leaves together. She taught me to appreciate the little things, so I've learned that although the weather gets scarily colder, there's a lot to look forward to in Autumn and Winter.
The other day while shopping with Zak, I saw one certain shop already had an aisle stocked with Christmassy things, and caught myself saying, 'Ooh I'll have to buy you an advent calendar soon!' - woah, slow down Rosie, it's September. I'm shocked at Halloween stuff being in stores already nevermind Christmas things, but the thought of all things wintery is getting me excited!
Dressing up for Halloween, playing with sparklers on Bonfire night, snuggling up in front of the fire with a book, and carving pumpkins, yay! Aaaaaaand I think one of the main reasons I'm so excited for A/W12 is because of the fashion, it's amazing this year! Here's some of my fave pieces...


Short Slim Fit Duffle in Cranberry, £275, Gloverall.com
Gloverall do the most beautiful coats, I'm a sucker for a gorgeous winter coat that will keep me toasty till Spring, and red is one of my favourite colours. I think this really fits in with Autumn, and it's such a lovely design.


  Knitted Shimmer Star Jumper, £36, Topshop
I am in loooooove with the star print trend going on at the moment, especially on jumpers like this that look so cosy and perfect for snuggling up in. Celebs such as Rihanna and Ashlee Simpson have been seen wearing them, and they're just a perfect statement piece to liven up an otherwise plain outfit.

 Ashlee Simpson, I love how she's styled this outfit.
  
  
The socks and shoes look is back, and is possibly my favourite Autumn look. It not only looks amazing, but keeps your tootsies warm too, win win!
 
What are your favourite Autumn/Winter looks? Are you enjoying the cooler nights and wrapping up or wishing you could be back in your bikini? x

No comments:

Post a Comment